Do you have open positions? You want people to be excited about those jobs, apply, and then say YES when you make them an offer. To seal the deal, you need to get in the minds of your next new hires.
These are the 5 best tips to get job candidates interested in your company:
- Use video. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video can be like opening up a novel.
- Showcase testimonials. People believe real people. You can tell me all day how great your company is in a job posting, but I want to hear from the real people who work there.
- Be specific about salaries and benefits. If you say in your ads that you offer “competitive wages” you’re telling me your pay stinks and is probably no better than your competitors.
- Clean up your online reviews. I’m not about to work for a company before I check your Indeed and Glassdoor reviews.
- Target your advertising. “If you don’t know me, you can’t flow me.” It’s a line from a motivational speaker from Florida, and it’s true. You have to get the word out about your company and that means advertising. You have to invest, and more importantly, you have to spend money where I consume information and media.
There we have it: Five simple ways to get more attention about your current job openings. And with the labor shortage not going away any time soon, you can bet HR marketing will continue to be one of the most important activities for your company long into the future.
Chris Herzog is the co-owner of Stokes+HERZOG Marketing and Consulting based in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. The company handles advertising and Human Resources consulting for large corporations, hospitals, non-profit organizations and municipalities all across the U.S. Log on to stokesherzog.com for more information.
Stokes and her husband Chris Herzog, who are both former WEAU television news anchors, started Stokes+HERZOG, an advertising and public relations agency in 2014. The agency assists both local and global clients with all of their corporate business consulting, advertising, public relations, and marketing needs including video production, website management, graphic design, social media management and overall marketing and advertising strategy.